Embracing Freedom

Embracing Freedom. Grace is my story. Hope is my anchor. Joy is my strength. Laughter is my song.

Friday 14 March 2014

Five Minute Friday - Crowd


"Crowd"

GO:

Sometimes I just have to withdraw, to get away from the crowd. Because life, at times, it feels like I’m surrounded and it can be overwhelming. Claustrophobic.  And it’s thick and heavy. And I need to regain composure. And breathe. And be. Away from it all.






And then I get back in there. Into the crowd. Because life happens there. There is hope. There is freedom. There is healing. There is forgiveness. Life happens in the crowd.

A woman. Pushes her way through the crowd. She’s contaminated. She reaches through the crowd and touches the end of his cloak. Healing.

A young boy, with such a small offering, his own lunch, is used to feed a crowd of 5,000. Provision.

A woman, no longer condemned, no longer named adulteress, as the crowd dissipates. Forgiveness.

A crowd, gathered, listening to His teaching. “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.”

A great crowd followed.

And Jesus often withdrew to lonely places to pray.

Life happens in the crowd, but sometimes, you just need to get away.




STOP.




Five Minute Friday
Today I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for 5 Minute Friday - Every Friday a bunch of writers, spend five minutes writing on a one word prompt, no editing, no perfecting, just however it comes. Beauty. Today's word ... Crowd. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow. This took my breath away today. Thanks for your beautiful words. 'the crowd dissipates. Forgiveness.' And I'd love to take a stint on your green li-lo! :-) x Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth, thanks for stopping by! Bless ya!

      Delete
  2. Great perspective. I love how you use the scripture to establish the truth of your point. It's so easy to feel guilty for not always engaging with people. Thanks for the insight. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa. So so cool how scripture free's us from guilt, the truth really does set us free :)

      Delete