Embracing Freedom

Embracing Freedom. Grace is my story. Hope is my anchor. Joy is my strength. Laughter is my song.

Thursday 16 May 2013

I am Woman

"I am Woman,
Hear me roar?
Or hear me whisper from a corner,
Silence is preferred!
I’m just a possession.
Hidden.
Head down, covered in shame?
A silhouette, outline, merely a frame

My clothing, it strangles me. Defiles me.
I wear anger, resentment, bitterness and hate.
Jealousy and submission seal my fate.

My name is Abandoned!
Rejected!
Mistaken!
Unknown!
Repulsive!
Worthless!
Useless!
Hopeless!

I’m left Oppressed.
Repressed.
Powerless.
Breathless.

It comes with the territory.

In the depth of despair, pain and being unknown
A whisper through the wind breathes “Mine”
Identity Discovered!

Restored. Revived. Liberated.

My name is Beloved!
Precious!
Treasured!
Chosen!
Valued!
Destined!
Appointed!
Anointed!
Known!

Grace is my story
Hope is my anchor
Joy is my strength
Laughter is my song

My clothing encapsulates Freedom,
Dressed by the One who redeems.
I’m clothed with strength.
Dignity. Kindness. Compassion. 
Beauty. Zeal. Determination.
Tender-hearted Mercy.
Humility. Grace. Love.

It comes with the territory.

I lift my face
I raise my voice
I will not be Silent
My shouts will prevail
I am Woman”

No comments:

Post a Comment