Embracing Freedom

Embracing Freedom. Grace is my story. Hope is my anchor. Joy is my strength. Laughter is my song.

Wednesday 1 January 2014

My Top 5's of 2013

Because I’m not done reflecting on 2013, here are some of my top 5’s from the year now gone.

Top 5 highlights

Weekend away with Brenton on an Alpha Marriage Retreat.
Evys adoption was finalised and we had her dedicated.
Her Freedom Song - a conference to challenge the injustices faced by women worldwide.
2 weeks of 24/7 prayer with our church family.
Participating in Central Easter Camp and Northern Youth Councils
Christmas in the Park at Timberlea (ok, 6! I couldn't narrow it down further!)

Top 5 songs of 2013 
These songs became prayers and themes during 2013. They inspired, encouraged and excited me! Click on the links and have a listen!







Top 5 Articles/Blogs I've read




The Pride of Busyness - Relevant Magazine



Top 5 Verses of Scripture 
This has been the hardest to narrow down, these particular verses have been incredibly poignant for me during 2013.

Hebrews 6:19
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain”

Psalm 139:10
even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.

Lamentations 3:25
God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits,
    to the woman who diligently seeks.

2 Samuel 22:20
He stood me up on a wide-open field;
    I stood there saved—surprised to be loved!

1 Sam 1:10
"In her deep anguish Hannah prayed to the Lord, weeping bitterly."

Top 5 Quotes:

“Prayer does not fit us for the greater work, Prayer is the greater work” Oswald Chambers

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” 
― Desmond Tutu

“Royalty is my identity, servanthood is my assignment, Intimacy with God is my lifesource” Unknown

“No man [or woman] is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying. We have many organizers, but few agonizers; many players and payers, few pray-ers; many singers, few clingers; lots of pastors, few wrestlers; many fears, few tears; much fashion, little passion; many interferers, few intercessors; many writers, but few fighters. Failing here, we fail everywhere.” Leonard Ravenhill

“Don’t let them get you down. Be cheeky, Be wild, Be wonderful.” Pippi Longstockings


So so thankful for an amazing year! Let’s do another one!


1 comment: