Embracing Freedom

Embracing Freedom. Grace is my story. Hope is my anchor. Joy is my strength. Laughter is my song.

Friday 1 March 2013

14 year old boys ... examples and inspirations!

I've just got home from being in the prayer room with our young people as they begin an all night of prayer. And WOW! When I arrived some of them were gathered around the piano and singing worship together. We shared in a time of prayer which was incredibly encouraging. So far the highlight of my week.

Every time I go into the prayer room, there is more to pray for, as people add requests and prayers of intersession. The whole thing seems to just keep on building and gaining momentum. The atmosphere is different each time, and Gods presence at times feels almost tangible. The beauty increases too, as people make their mark in prayer through the various forms. They are connecting with, reaching out to, and talking with God.

Here are a couple of testimonies that have been shared so far:

"24/7 prayer week been good loving life loving our father god bless everyone"
"Great Home League Prayer being the topic. I am sure no one could take offence Paul did a great meeting . God is blessing the women who attend"
"Wonderful two hours in the prayer space yesterday. The lounge chair beside the CD player provided an excellent place to settle into prayer as i listened to music. Also powerfully felt the presence of God as I prayed through some of the International Vision Plan. This is a lively space! Love the way it's a place where people of all ages can find help in coming before God. God bless Upper Hutt Corps and its current significant journey."

Tonight before I left for home, the young people sung a song written by one of our 14 year old boys, he sung with another 14 year old friend, a younger brother, and their leaders joined them. It was amazing. It blew my mind. It was full of truth and power. By the end of it I was in tears. I was moved and encouraged by these young men who have hearts after God. They inspired me. Again, like earlier in the week I was reminded tonight that prayer and connecting with God has absolutely no barrier. Whoever seeks him, will find him. And He will use the willing and obedient. We must never look down on the young, but let them be examples to us!

Be encouraged as you take a look at these images. These paintings have been made by worshippers, intercessors, children of God as they seek Him, cry out to Him, desire Him and praise Him. People diverse in age, history, culture, ethnicity, but equal in the eyes of God and unified by him. BLESS!





SamME.

No comments:

Post a Comment