Embracing Freedom

Embracing Freedom. Grace is my story. Hope is my anchor. Joy is my strength. Laughter is my song.

Thursday 7 June 2012

In the beginning ...

HA! So this is actually a wee bit funny! Never in a million billion years did i think i'd ever start a blog until recently when it came up as a suggestion in my officer review for 'professional development' and thought it was something worth giving a go. 

So ... i started thinking about what i could blog about. I was thinking something deep and profound, that would have the multitudes following me ... mind blank ... couldn't think of anything! Then I thought ... "i'll just start with a name" and came up with ridiculous things like: "connect, create, catastrophe", "wham, bam, thankyou sam" and "risks, change, roulette".  Eventually i started one and settled on the name "Danger Mouse and the Road Less Travelled." (Well i thought i started one, spent about 2 flippin hours designing and playing around with a blog and went back to find it today, turns out I didn't even have an account.) The blog was going to be about taking risks, living on the edge (danger mouse), transformation of mind, body and spirit and being a revolutionary reformer of society (road less travelled). Sound Profound? Meh!

Then last night i discovered pinterest ... and all these exciting, fun, crafty things to do. As I looked at pictures of recycled bits and bobs the creative juices started flowing. I joined up and started my own pin boards, and already it's become what i've called my "P addiction". There's so many things i want to give a go, and tonight i started. I'd seen a weekly planner made out of a photo frame and scraps of paper, so tonight i thought i'd give it a whirl shirl!



It was so simple, and it's going to look GREAT in my new office space. All i need now is a decent whiteboard marker and I'll be set!


Then I thought "My children have both had birthdays in the last 3 weeks, we have an excess of envelopes at the moment!" I'd seen a bag that can be made from an old envelope. BRILLIANT! Had a go at that too, and am planning on giving a demo of it for the next home league I do. (Home League is a group for older women in our community). Honestly ... for someone who isn't overly excitable about womens ministries ... i got quite excited about this!



After creating these 'masterpieces' i thought what better way to begin a blog than with creation ... after all, "In the beginning God created..."

So ... this is my blog, it's going to be itsy bitsy with creative ideas and experiments, hopefully out of the box thinking for 'womens ministries' (I'm cringing at that, not sure i even wanna go there ... but now i have!) at times this blog will probably have something to do with danger, risk taking, and change ... itsy bitsy ... it'll be what it'll be.

SamMe

P.S: sorry for the spelling and grammar ... it won't get any better!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Love all you're doing and can't wait to read more! Blog away SamMe! :-)

    ReplyDelete